Saturday, February 12, 2011

Hey, This Professional Coach Agrees With Me

Okay, I don't this professional coach. I've never talked with him, never met him. But I was talking with a guy the other day who had played for this professional coach. And, no, I don't know this guy, we're not friends, I just met him once.

Anyway, we were talking about how so many of the high school coaches - and AAU and youth coaches - believe the system makes play, and not the players. He told me that when he had played for this coach (yes, all of you know the name) they used only 3 entries. And they never, ever used a pattern. No, what they worked on offensively was true motion, reading the defense and reacting, taking what the defense gives you and exploiting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

6th Grader

6th Grader
Yeah, she shoots from here! Yours can to!

About Me

My photo
United States
So you want to know who is giving you all this advice? Okay, your advisor is an ex-college and professional coach. Fired a bunch, hired a lot more, created programs, and stood at the helm of teams that played their hearts out every game. Career record: 392 wins and 135 losses. Recruited players from virtually every state, and several countries including, Poland, Germany, England, Canada, and Brazil. Does American Samoa count as another country? Probably not. Retired now so that I can coach my own kids.